How to Actually Relax During a Photo Session
Wonder how you can really settle in and physically (and mentally) relax while getting your photos taken? I’ve got you!
- Prep and pack beforehand. You might feel frazzled and like you’re forgetting something if you wait until the last minute to pack! When we work together, I help you create a packing list of props so that you’re all set. With all the prep we do, all you have to do is pack it up and bring it! When in doubt, pack even more than you need.
- Get your hair and makeup done. Not only does it feel great to get pampered, but you won’t be worrying about how you look. When you get professional hair and makeup, you know you’ll be looking great and polished. Bonus points, you won’t have curling iron burns or mascara mishaps at the last minute.
- Arrive a few minutes early. You might be habitually late, we all have ran late before. On the day of your session though, make sure to give yourself extra time so that you can get settled in! You can unpack props, calm those nerves, and get into your first outfit. When you do this, you’re setting yourself up for success. Plan for success!
- Calm your nerves. Yes, it’s totally okay if you want 1 glass of champagne! I’m not encouraging overindulging, believe me that won’t work well, but some ladies are bashful about wanting one drink. Go for it, let’s celebrate you (and your courage to take photos)! Or if you prefer to get into a calm space with meditation, a walk, stretching, or anything else, do whatever you like to get into that confident and calm place. Lastly, if caffeine makes you even the least bit jittery, skip it on shoot day so that you feel more calm and collected.
- Review your mood board or vision board. Even if you’re nervous, review your vision for the shoot. Envision yourself having a successful day. Envision yourself having fun, and you will!
Those are my tips, but I’d love to hear from you if you have any other ideas. Hope you have a successful session, and if you’re in need of a session, feel free to contact me anytime!